Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce
- Flying Buffalo? Buffalo with wings? Buffalo chicken wings? Buffalo Wings? What are they?
- The origin of the original Buffalo Wings recipe, fried chicken wings with special hot sauce. Its origin is unclear, but almost all the stories are based on a specific anecdote which recounts that this recipe was made for the first time on 3 October 1964 in the Anchor Bar, located on 1047 Main Street (between North Street and Best Street) in Buffalo, New York (United States) by Teressa Belissimo, co-owner of Anchor Bar with her husband Frank.
- There are several stories about how that night, these chicken wings became famous. The most incredible one, told by a military friend of our Doctor Salsas and born in Buffalo is that which we will tell you now.
- That night on 3 October, the owner’s son was in the bar with his friends. It was late and there was not much food in the kitchen, but there were lots of chicken wing, hot sauce and butter. Teressa cleaned the wings and put them in the fryer. When she took them out, she made a mix of hot sauce and butter and coated the wings in this concoction. Bam! Buffalo Wings!
- And, as out Doctor Salsas like a challenge, he made his own vegan version of the famous Buffalo Wings sauce, gluten and lactose free, so everyone would be able to try it.
- This sauce is internationally famous. Although you can find different dishes made with it, (barbequed meat, chicken thighs and breast, vegetables, pizza and even chips) the star dish is, without a doubt, the chicken wings.
red Jalapeño chili, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sunflower oil, garlic, salt, black pepper and natural flavouring.
Nutritional Values per 100g
- Energy value 41.0 kcal. / 170 kJ
- Total fats 2,6 g.
- Of which Saturated 0,3 g.
- Carbohydrates 4,5 g.
- Of which sugars 2,2 g.
- Protein 0,7 g.
- Salt 4,6 g.
How and when to use Buffalo Wing hot sauce?
A hot sauce which, even though it bears the name of a specific dish, can be used for many other original and fun recipes.
Enjoy its classic buffalo sauce flavour with a hint of spicy Red Jalapeño to experience new flavours and textures.
This sauce stands out for its strong butter aroma with a touch of jalapeño. You can use your own recipes and swap out the dressings for the famous Buffalo Wings hot sauce.
There are many myths and rumours about the use of spice, but what it really helps us to achieve is the enjoyment of a new range of flavours and the enrichment of our daily diet, allowing us to enjoy traditional recipes with a different and original touch.
You can use Buffalo Wings hot sauce to season any kind of recipe:
- Chicken wings with buffalo hot sauce or the vegan option, cauliflower wings
- Spicy torreznos (crunchy fried pork belly snack)
- Spicy cutlets
- Spicy chicken lasagne
Its use is limitless, put the bottle on the table so your guests can help themselves or include it in your traditional recipes to create new and surprising flavours. There is a whole world of possibilities and combinations for you to discover.
The spicy revolution
Our mission is to revolutionise the world of spice. All our products are handcrafted, using 100% natural, plant-based, sustainable ingredients, with no added preservatives and are suitable for a vegan diet.
The origin of our products is the Sierra Nevada. Here at Doctor Salsas we have over 12 years’ experience of KM 0, fair trade production and we're committed to our chili pepper growers in Granada (Andalusia).
We are growers
From planting and collecting to preparing the hot sauce. We use natural processes at all times and we add no preservatives or colourings.
We harvest our chili peppers by hand in our greenhouses and transfer them directly to our kitchen where we prepare our delicious hot sauce using natural ingredients.
At the same time, we respect and support our growers under the fair trade business practices. Our chili peppers are grown in the Sierra Nevada, Granada, until they reach maturity and that eye-catching colour and texture that means they're ready to be harvested by hand.
Health benefits of spicy food
The capsaicin present in all chili peppers has multiple health benefits:
- It helps improve digestion
- It's an antiseptic and a natural antibacterial
- Capsaicin produces an anti-inflammatory action at arterial levels and helps activate and improve circulation
- It activates the sympathetic nervous system, releasing endorphins and dopamine, making it a natural pain reliever
- It helps regulate glucose levels in the blood
Order minimum required 50 €
14 days to return
SECURE PAYMENT METHOD
Pay conveniently and securely
TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE
900 00 11 48
SIGN UP AT OUR SHOP AND GET A
GET A 15% DISCOUNT
ON YOUR SECOND PURCHASE