Jamaican Jerk Hot Sauce - ideal to add flavour to your dishes
- Every sauce has its story and our Jamaican Jerk is proof of this. We are We are talking about an authentic recipe of our own, which started with a friendship between Yohan, a guy from Trinidad and Tobago, and Carlos Carvajal, our own Doctor Salsas, on the central coast of California in 1989. Yohan made this authentic sauce for barbeques with the recipe of his great-grandfather and Carlos loved the taste so much he asked Yohan for the recipe It then became the first hot sauce made by Carlos Carvajal.
- Carlos modified the sauce to make it healthier. Using it is very easy. To dress pork, chicken or turkey meat, you can simply marinate it for at least 4 hours. It can marinate for up to 24 hours before cooking on the barbecue, in the oven or on the grill. It's an explosion of flavour!
- Carlos Carvajal’s original recipe becomes a hot sauce with an inimitable quality and flavour. Made with frijoles, Carolina Reaper chili and onion. With a heat range of 7,000-7,500 SHU on the Scoville scale.
- A special hot sauce and one of the best you can buy through our online shop.
sweet onion, spring onion, apple cider vinegar, cane sugar, black beans, organic sea salt Garlic, black pepper, Carolina Reaper chili, Jamaican pepper. Cinnamon and nutmeg.
Nutritional Values per 100g
- Energy value 43.0 kcal. / 182 kJ
- Total fats 0,2 g.
- Of which Saturated 0,1 g.
- Carbohydrates 7,8 g.
- Of which sugars 5,5 g.
- Protein 1,8 g.
- Salt 1,6 g.
How and when to use Jamaican Jerk Hot Sauce?
You can create hundreds of original, fun and super spicy recipes with the Sweet Scorpion hot sauce, going as far as your imagination can take you.
You can use your recipes which use other dressings or sauces and switch them out with our hot sauce.
There are many myths about the use of spice, it is widely consumed in many countries and it’s an essential element in many cuisines including Mexican, Chinese, India, Thai and Japanese. New flavours and aromas enrich our daily diet and allow us to enjoy traditional recipes with a different, original twist.
You can use Jamaican Jerk hot sauce to season any kind of recipe:
- Marinade for pork, beef, chicken or turkey
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Spicy marinated fish
Its use is limitless, put the bottle on the table so your guests can help themselves or include it in your traditional recipes to create new and surprising flavours. There is a whole world of possibilities and combinations for you to discover.
The spicy revolution
Our mission is to revolutionise the world of spice. All our products are handcrafted, using 100% natural, plant-based, sustainable ingredients, with no added preservatives and are suitable for a vegan diet.
The origin of our products is the Sierra Nevada. Here at Doctor Salsas we have over 12 years’ experience of KM 0, fair trade production and we're committed to our chili pepper growers in Granada (Andalusia).
We are growers
From planting and collecting to preparing the hot sauce. We use natural processes at all times and we add no preservatives or colourings.
We harvest our chili peppers by hand in our greenhouses and transfer them directly to our kitchen where we prepare our delicious hot sauce using natural ingredients.
At the same time, we respect and support our growers under the fair trade business practices. Our chili peppers are grown in the Sierra Nevada, Granada, until they reach maturity and that eye-catching colour and texture that means they're ready to be harvested by hand.
Health benefits of spicy food
The capsaicin present in all chili peppers has multiple health benefits:
- It helps improve digestion
- It's an antiseptic and a natural antibacterial
- Capsaicin produces an anti-inflammatory action at arterial levels and helps activate and improve circulation
- It activates the sympathetic nervous system, releasing endorphins and dopamine, making it a natural pain reliever
- It helps regulate glucose levels in the blood
Order minimum required 50 €
14 days to return
SECURE PAYMENT METHOD
Pay conveniently and securely
TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE
900 00 11 48
SIGN UP AT OUR SHOP AND GET A
GET A 15% DISCOUNT
ON YOUR SECOND PURCHASE